Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First Impressions

First day of school outfits are always my favorite. I love the beginning of school -- new notebooks and folders, new promises about waking up early and working ahead. Not only was today my first day of any class for the semester, it was also my first day at a new campus, so I wanted to make a really excellent first impression.I rewore the J.Crew dress that I wore on Christmas, reworking the elements that I liked best from each wear -- the belt to help shape the dress and the tights because they dress it up and a bit of frivolity through texture. The real star of the outfit, however, is the cardigan, a recent purchase from Anthroplogie. I love the deep purple with the tangerine, and its details are amazing.
Snowflakes were ruining any attempt at an outside close-up, but note the amazing beadwork on the flowers. I'm in love.
Dress: J.Crew Factory Outlets
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Tights: Target
Shoes: AE

The best part of the first week of school? Class always ends early. xoxo Anna Rae

4 comments:

  1. I so love that cardigan!!! You know I was a major tights wearer in the 80's!! I wish I can find pictures with me wearing them. Of course I was more conservative and only wore-black, navy and brown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too -- I've already worn it three times and I've only owned it for about a week. Keep looking for the pictures, I'd love to see your 80s style. Tights are amazing, and always superior to awful nude pantyhose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia1/12/2011

    anna rae has a fashion blog.
    shut your mouth.
    are you no longer living in my birth country?
    why are you back at school and for what?
    20 questions game (18 q's short.)

    -your long lost canadian fan, alicia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alicia, I love you. Glad to have your very stylish self as a reader of the blog. Answers to these questions and more in a facebook message. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete