Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sophie's Top Picks for Libby in 2010

Hi everyone! Nooo, Anna and Erin did not ask someone to guest blog, it's just been 5 months since I've posted. To all of you new readers, I used to post on here semi-regularly but then I got lazy. And I hated my camera. And while I'm still lazy, I got a new camera for my birthday (thanks, Benjamin!) and I really like it now. So I'm hoping that will motivate me to take more pictures. And I start practicum for counseling this semester and need to dress nicely so why not document my outfits?

And before I begin, I need to clarify the title of this post because it is a little (mostly) misleading. I first thought I would narcissistically choose my top outfits of 2010 since Anna and Erin picked for each other. Then, when I mentioned it to Amanda, she suggested that my adorable niece Sophie make the picks. Well guess what? Apparently the attention span (intellectual capacity) of a 7 month old just does not allow her to choose favorite outfits. Thanks for letting your Aunt Lib down, Sophie. Just kidding! And also, let's face it, I posted for about 1/4 of 2010. So without further ado (tangents), I give you Sophie's (Amanda's) Top Picks for Libby in 2010 (March, April, July and August).

This outfit truly exhibits my favorite silhouette. I love skirts that are high waisted that maximize my narrow waist, and minimize my saddle bags. Hey, we all have problem areas, right? So we might as well work with our strengths and make our weaknesses invisible! And how can Amanda not pick an outfit that has a skirt with pockets?! Good pick, Amanda!

Moving on...
Amanda is really hitting my stereotypical outfits - you rarely see me with a sweater that isn't belted. It once again is a trick to draw other's line of vision to the tiniest part of my body. Also, because my waist is seemingly ending there, my legs look longer. Try it, it's a fun trick that I wholeheartedly promote. And I really do love this shirt; coincidentally I'm wearing it today. The color of my cardigan that I've paired it with today is an oatmeal color though, and is much more appropriate for A. Winter months and B. My blah feeling about my first class of the semester tonight...woof! And because Amanda picked these, I'll mention the bag. I will ALSO mention it because she offered to trade me the bag for her baby when she was born. Well guess what? Amanda is a LIAR. Sophie is seven months old and my bag has been ready to be swapped for about nine months. Ball (bag and baby) is (are) in your court, Amanda.

And finally we have this outfit. I'm not sure if any other outfit so accurately describes my style. This blazer is a sweatshirt material, yet tailored. And I've once again belted it to give the outfit more of a structured waist. I wear plain pieces virtually all of the time, yet strive for a polished look that neither stands out, nor blends in, but is just enough to be simply noticed. Strive to dress in a way that works with your personality and pay attention to your strengths and positive attributes instead of worrying about hiding your problem areas. If you dress for your strengths, any other little problems will be overlooked and ignored!

Here's to resolving to post more this year.

Until next time. Libby

Thanks again for your input, Amanda (and Sophie, too, I guess!)

1 comment:

  1. Rather than a trade, I propose a loan. I will loan her out to you for a day and you may do the same with the bag, k? And I just want to point out that I made this proposition when Sophie was a newborn and super fussy. Now, she's completely adorable and gives me kisses so I don't want to trade up for a bag. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete