Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Yellow Haze(ing)

Why hello there! What's that hiding in the bottom of the frame? Are those (mustard) yellow tights? Yes indeed they are and they are fabulous!When I joined the blog the lovelies Anna and Libby invited (dared?) me to join their jaundiced jaune jambes and sheath my stems in saffron. Challenge accepted ladies!
I kept the rest of my outfit simple because clearly everyone would be mesmerized by the tights. The skirt is a recent post-Christmas super clearance item that I bought because of the houndstooth even though (as previously noted) I am not a big fan of skirts. I must say that wearing a skirt all day reinforced my aversion-- it orbited around my waist like an asteroid belt and tried to make a break for my armpits every time I moved too aggressively. What am I doing wrong? If you know, avid skirt wearers, please fill me in the comments!
While the tights are pretty spectacular, my favourite part of the look is the novelty brooch. One part whimsy, one part kitsch, and one part E.T., it reminds us all to do the right thing.
Tights: Gap
Skirt: DKNYC, The Bay
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Camisole: Zeller's (WHICH TARGET JUST BOUGHT!!! AMAZING!!!)
Brooch: Vintage, Etsy

2 comments:

  1. There are so many amazing things in this post! Your tights looked great -- much more Kate Spade than jaundice afflication, that brooch might be my favorite of your Etsy purchases, and the idea of a Target in Canada, even if it's still really a Zeller's, is so exciting!

    I also really love the houndstooth. A houndstooth dress is at the top of my wish list right now, so I can wear it with my red tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually been thinking about pairing my houndstooth dress with red tights... stay tuned to see if I pull it off!

    ReplyDelete