Saturday, January 22, 2011

Feline Frenzy

Surveying my closet after a post-Christmas shopping trip to Seattle, I came to the realization that my wardrobe might be showing an early propensity (in the form of multiple leopard prints) to to becoming a crazy cat lady. Or maybe I'm just becoming my Nana (she may be gone but her floor-length leopard vest and matching bodysuit live on!). Look for many more manifestations of this pattern preoccupation in posts to come. And let me know if you think there is such a thing as too much animal print in the comments...
The star of this outfit, however, was not the cardigan but the beautiful cameo I was gifted for Christmas by my best friend Kelly. I think her exquisite taste in accessories elevates this look to another level. The bulk of the chain and the frosted glass relief give the necklace real presence, allowing it to stand out even amid ruffles and leopard spots.

A final, more subtle touch was flesh toned fishnet knee highs. Like their full-length sisters, they provide the comfort and respectability of a nude stocking without the fuddy duddy.
Necklace: Gifted, Kelly
Flats: Zara
Knee Highs: Winners
Jeans: Paige Premium, Fab Kerrisdale
Blouse: Esprit, The Bay
Cardigan: JCrew, Ebay

2 comments:

  1. This outfit might be one of my all time favorites of yours! The color of the shirt goes so well with the leopard print, the necklace is so beautiful and holds its own against the bold colors and the nude fishnets and metallic flats are the perfect touch.

    I can't wait to see the rest of your animal prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for sharing the valuable blog with us. Keep sharing helpful information.
    Vist Us: sheer pantyhose

    ReplyDelete