Thursday, January 20, 2011

Power Blue

or, How Much Anna Rae really adores navy.
(I apologize if these photos seem off or extremely grainy. In order to really showcase the amazing feather details on this cardigan, I had to play mad scientist with the adjusts on my iPhoto).
This outfit is simple, almost, in my opinion, too simple to blog, but I love the cardigan so much and am so happy to have this skirt back in commission. About two (three?) months ago, I was wearing this skirt around Pittsburgh, when the bottom button fell off, making it completely inappropriate to wear in public without some shorts underneath, which seems like another inappropriate thing to do. I can sew a mean button onto a skirt, and could have fixed this on the same day that it happened, but my mother, the keeper of the keys, has a organizational system for all extra buttons in our house and I waited three months to ask her to find this one. Why? I'll never know. Not only did she find it, but she sewed the button back on the skirt, washed it, and returned it to me in about a 2 day turnaround.
I was so happy to have this skirt back and so excited to show off this cardigan, that I paired them together and added blue tights because, well, why not. The locket and oxfords seemed simple and scholarly, just like the rest of this outfit.

Strange photo quality to highlight its textures aside, how much do you love the feathers on this cardigan? So much, right? I love how they range from navy to light blue to black. I love how they're made of both cotton and tulle. I love that I found it on sale!
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Skirt: Purr, South Granville, Vancouver
Locket: Gifted, Mom and Dad
Tights: Kohl's, inside out
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Bass
And a special thanks to Mom for not only sewing the button back onto this skirt, but also taking the pictures even though I obnoxiously waited until she was right in the middle of baking Amish friendship bread to ask her. xoxo Anna Rae

3 comments:

  1. I like simple. ;)
    This is not too simple to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - my comment worked.
    Finally (!) figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm looking forward to all of your comments.

    ReplyDelete