Thursday, January 27, 2011

Other People's Birthdays

I know what you're thinking and yes, that shift dress is covered entirely in sequins. It's okay to dress extremely sparkly for someone else's birthday as long as you call them and okay it with them first, right? Luckily, the birthday girl in question was my aunt, who long ago accepted my fashion whims (Happy Birthday Aunt Donna!). This recent Gabe's purchase could only sit in my closet for a little over a week before I overdressed for dinner. To tone the dress down a bit, I paired it with greys and blacks, adding only another layer of metallic with the necklace.
I'm loving the sequins trends, and cannot wait to wear this dress again when it is more event appropriate and the weather warms up! I'm hoping by that time I will have a metallic belt.

Dress: Gabe's
Cardigan: Topshop, London, Basement (vintage) floor
Necklace: Gifted, Erin
Tights: Walmart
Boots: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Chinese Laundry
Photos: Aunt Donna
Since I wore this in the evening in the middle of winter, there was no way I could take outdoor photos, but how fun does this dress look next to vegetation? xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/01/2011

    Anna the dress looks great!! definately worth the splurge at Gabe's ;)

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so hotttt in that dress!!

    <3 your girlfriend

    ReplyDelete