Thursday, January 27, 2011

Carmen Miranda North

Anna was with me when I bought this dress at an end-of-season sale last January and thankfully convinced me to splurge a little on a truly special piece. It may be a simple black sweater dress, but the details on the sleeves punctuate the look, giving the dress (and me!) that extra bit of flair.
The delicate crochet ruffles remind me of coral while adding a bit of sass to my pedagogical hand guestures. Their sassy detail is typical of many Milly designs, (like my New Year's dress) most of which leave me lusting after an endless fashion budget. While I can't clothe myself entirely in Milly (or Kate Spade for that matter), I try to use their creativity and wit to inspire my own more budget style.
Dress: Milly, Holt Renfrew
Tights: Hue
Boots: Diba, Ross Dress for Less






2 comments:

  1. I was waiting for you to wear this dress! It's as great as I remembered!

    I hope someday, Vancouver weather permitting, I can it paired with a pair of your sassier shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the all black, which you don't normally do....also, this outfit could totally be part of Fashions for Fran!!

    ReplyDelete