Friday, January 7, 2011

Small Town Girl in the Big City

Now that I'm fully immersed in the suburbs, I feel like I really need to step up my game when I go into the city. The other days, I drove into Pittsburgh for shopping at Anthropologie and celebrating the engagement of two of my favorites -- Yay Will and Lindsay! -- and, for the occasion, threw together a pretty lovely outfit. You know something is a keeper when you're done shopping at Anthro and you still like what you're wearing.
It's a bit of a variation on a theme -- clearly looking at Erin's top three choices was an inspiration. I really liked having so much black in the outfit though, I think it gave it a bit of a cooler edge.
These tights are so amazing, but starting to really rip, so I can only wear them in moderation. I knew that, at least once, they needed to be paired with the amazing leopard print shoes.
And, of course, when you feel like you might actually be able to accomplish edge with your outfit, you should layer a lot of gold necklaces.
Cardigan: Old Navy
Shirt: Target
Shorts: Thrifted and hemmed, Value Village, Vancouver
Tights: Kohl's
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, FS NY
Necklace: Gifted, Elana; Gifted, Janet; Joe Fresh, Real Canadian Super Store

A very special thanks to Lindsay for taking these pictures and to Will for having such a great bookshelf for posing. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. This outfit is a really fanstictic combination of daring and restraint-- well done!

    ReplyDelete