Monday, January 24, 2011

Sunday Matinee

This past Sunday, my aunt took me to brunch, which I've missed so much since I've left Vancouver, and to see Camelot at the Public Theater. Such a fun occasion called for a fun outfit, and when I bought this dress on Thursday, I knew it was the one. Although I desperately wanted the Miu Miu print dresses last season, and I wanted birds not butterflies, when I found this dress on the super clearance rack at Old Navy, all those nights of longing over my computer screen came rushing back.
Aside from having two different ruffles (!!!), this dress seemed like one of those all-season dresses with its base gray and pops of bright colors. It's a bit shapeless, so I added my cream belt, and the rest of the outfit sort of fell into place. Yellow cardigan to match the dress, cream textured tights to add a sense of occasion (I was at the theater, after all), and my sturdy enough for the snow and ice oxfords.
And a few detail shots to admire the ruffles in all of their glory. Because I didn't want to overpower the neckline, I added this simple locket and my post pearl earrings.
Dress: Old Navy
Cardigan: Old Navy
Belt: Thrifted, Value Village, Vancouver
Tights: Target
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Bass
Necklace: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Etsy, Japonicas

Thanks to TJ for, once again, taking such lovely photos. The afternoon was a wonderful break from the Steeler fandom that I love to avoid. The Public Theater did a great job, and I loved their production of Camelot; the two leads were particularly excellent (though no comparison to Mike McCarthy's performance, of course). It's still in the beginning of its run, so if you one of Pittsburgh area readers, I'd recommend seeing it! xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. I want that dress!! The belt, tights, and cardi are a perfect match. I'll look forward to seeing what you pair it with in the summer as well (silver flats and jean jacker?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/26/2011

    Cute outfit Anna! love it!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete