Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Red, White & Blue

So I'm feeling a little waitress-y here, but that's okay. And I guess it doesn't help that I forgot to take my Staff badge off from school today. I feel like I should be all [smoker's cough] "Want another piece of blackberry pie, sweetie?"
You can't really tell, but my tights have a diamond pattern on them, and they're really soft - I love them. Today is kind of another mish-mash of colors day, but I like to think it worked. I added the sweater when I got chilly in the school today and think it looked decent. It's just really early to think of outfits at 6 am and sometimes I'm just not at my most creative. Oh well, overall I'm happy with my look! Now where can I find some blackberry pie....

Until next time. Libby

Shoes: Steve Madden
Tights: Macy's
Skirt: Gap ($12)
Shirt: Express
Sweater: American Eagle
Ugly Name Badge: Boyce Middle School

3 comments:

  1. That skirt is fun! Such a masculine print, just begging to be paired with a ruffle or floral embellishment.

    Also, I'm a big fan of not only setting out, but also trying on outfits the night before. It takes some time, but it's so helpful for early wake-ups. I used to plan out my outfits during the weekend and then write them all out on a post-it widget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really good idea - I'm gonna try to start doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that I would've caught it had you not pointed it out but you DO look like a waitress! Haha. I think it's the white shirt. So many places make their waitstaff wear white shirts nowadays. Maybe another color would make you feel less waitress-y. It's funny though b/c the addition of the sweater makes you look all catholic schoolgirl b/c the boots mimic knee socks, haha. So versatile. The skirt is really cute though! I never see cute skirts anywhere... or maybe I'm just not looking b/c really, when would I wear a skirt? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete