Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ruffling my fur

As promised, there are going to be a lot of leopard posts in the next little while, starting with this great shirt dress. I wore it over the holidays with fishnets and bronze pumps, but wanted to dress it down a bit for teaching.

I chose a black cardigan with ruffles for both warmth and dimension, and purple tights for added richness.

I really like how pairing the tights with boots leaves only a subtle slice of colour, a great option for when you are feeling bold, but not that bold.

Dress: Nanette Lepore, Ebay
Cardigan: Mexx
Tights: Hue
Boots: Zara
Necklace: Le Chateau


3 comments:

  1. That shirt dress is so flattering! I love how it has that fitted empire waist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, my mom just bought a new dress that is asking for a heavier necklace of black beads. If only we could come raid your jewelry collection...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/09/2011

    i love animal prints! especially with those pruple tights- very cute :)

    ~Julie (anna's cousin)

    ReplyDelete