Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby!

Today, our blog turns one. Thank you for reading, commenting, taking our pictures, and being in our pictures. Thank you Libby, for starting this blog with me when I really needed a hobby, and thank you Erin, for first being such a great photographer and art director and then for keeping the cross-continental conversation alive by joining the collective.

I'd like to say that I wore this bow and drank this martini in birthday celebration, but really I was at my friend Susan's Oscars Party. Even if it's to just sit on a couch and eat a lot of food, I feel that the Oscars are a slightly formal occasion that deserve both nicer clothes and slightly crazy, Swinton or HBC like impulses.
Dress worn as top: Topshop, London
Shorts: Thrifted and Hemmed, Value Village, Vancouver
Tights: Target
Shoes: Thrifted, Goodwill, Etown, Target
Scarf as bow: Thrifted, Salvation Army, Lancaster
Pearls: Claire's

What did you think of the Oscars fashion? I found the year to be a bit boring, but liked Cate Blanchett best, and would give high marks to Michelle Williams, Natalie Portman, and Reese Witherspoon's hair. xoxo Anna Rae

6 comments:

  1. mono brown2/28/2011

    Reese Witherspoon's hair = yes

    Scarlett Johansson's hair = what the!

    You look darling. Happy 1st birthday to TTTB.

    xo
    mn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scar Jo's whole ensemble was a little What the?! for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/28/2011

    i thought they were a bit boring also. especially helena boham carter... where was your craziness that was at the golden globes?
    my personal favorite was camilla alves. it was a simple black gown, but i thought she looked great in it.
    and of course, natalie portman looked super elegant.

    Happy Bday the tights that bind!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/28/2011

    Happy birthday to your blog! As I own no television, I only caught up with the Oscar fashion briefly through blogs. I thought Cate Blanchett looked smashing, though Natalie Portman was a "meh" for me. I also liked all of Anne Hathaway's 200 dresses, even the red "tumour" one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked Anne Hathaway's eyelashes! I want to always wear overdramatic false eyelashes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would let you do ANYTHING you wanted to me. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete