Thursday, February 10, 2011

the Holiday Warm-up

To introduce my cool-girl dark-washed denim jean skirt, I paired it with edgier tights and the most feminine combination of blouse, cardigan, and brooch that I could manage. I liked the idea of mixing sweet with cool in this outfit because the skirt seems to have more of an edge than most of my clothes, but still has a very classic, feminine fit.
Also, it is almost Valentine's Day, so I jumped at the chance to pair this purple, pink, and salmon plaid blouse with a purple cardigan and pink-rose brooch. It's not close enough to the holiday for the amazing red and pink color combinations, but I think this color palette was a nice warm-up.

Skirt: Anthropologie
Blouse: Gabe's, Urban Outfitters
Cardigan: Old Navy
Tights: Target
Shoes: Steve Madden
Brooch: Inherited, Grandma's
How adorably sweet is this brooch? My mom found it in my grandmother's jewelry and gave it to me -- it might make another appearance before this holiday dressing is over. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/10/2011

    i believe i have that blouse...

    xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brooch is beautiful. It would look great on the lapel of your purple coat and also maybe on your nice black hat!

    ReplyDelete