Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Weekend Wear

I'm not, and have never really been, a jeans girl. Perhaps it was spending so much time in tights and jumpers as part of a required uniform in elementary school, but I've always found tights and cotton dresses incredibly comfortable. So, for a casual day of brunch, Target, and True Grit with my cousins, I chose to rewear this great floral dress, but with no jewelry, a comfier cardigan, less form-fitting belt, and my broken-in Doc Martens.
To someone who doesn't find tights and dresses as comfortable as I do, the distinction between two outfits that include the same dress, a cardigan, and a belt might not be that great, but to me, this version is the picture of dressing for comfort. With the belt and cardigan matching the navy in the dress, the color palette was quite muted. Despite choosing pieces for comfort, I still loved the small pattern mixing detail of the belt and how the light blue on the cardigan matched the flowers on the dress.
Dress: Modcloth
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Belt: Vintage, on dress bought at Eons, Pittsburgh
Tights: Target
Boots: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Doc Martens
Luckily, this outfit is perfect for dog walking! Thanks to Gino for being a mostly-willing model, and thanks to Julie for snapping the pics! xoxo Anna Rae

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/15/2011

    gino was a difficult model to work with... he's a diva

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gino made the blog-how fun!! He is a diva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/18/2011

    not as much of a diva as daniel, though

    ReplyDelete