Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Slightly Belated Sentiments


For my West Coast readers, I believe I have submitted this Valentine's Day post just under the wire -- you should have about an hour to enjoy it before its holiday sentiments become belated. My Valentine's Day was full of highs (Jentine of the amazing My Edit commented on my last post!) and lows (The dentist told me I have a cavity) -- a roller coaster of emotions -- but my love of this outfit and its not too overwhelming pairing of red and pink remained steadfast. I chose this dress for two reasons: the temperatures (despite the constant rain) reached a tropical 50 and its sweetheart neckline screamed romantic in a way that I couldn't ignore on Valentine's Day.
I have a red and pink cardigan, but I both wore it on Friday and already paired it with this dress for the blog. Instead, I chose to highlight the pink and red pairing in the dress with my pink embellished cardigan and a red belt that came free with a recently thrifted dress -- the best kind of thrift store score. The tights were a nice neutral to pair with the bright colors of the dress, cardigan, and belt, and the shoes nicely echoed the floral print of the dress and embellishment on the cardigan.
Dress: American Eagle
Cardigan: Kohl's, circa 2004
Tights: Target
Shoes: Target
Belt: Thrifted, attached to dress, Salvation Army, Lancaster
I hope that, like mine, your Valentine's Day was mostly lovely. Alternatively, I hope the next time the dentist tells you that you have a cavity, one of your daily read fashion bloggers comments about one of your posts. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/15/2011

    this outfit is so adorable! love the blue and pink together... def pretty little liars material

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that that's your new standard for a good outfit!

    ReplyDelete