Friday, September 17, 2010

Counter Intuitive

This outfit is about trying to break my own 'figure-flattering' fashion rules. Usually I attempt to downplay my hips with a straight or wide leg pant and a bold top-- these pants do the opposite. Their full pleats exaggerate rather than de-emphasize my proportions and the pegged cuffs shorten the leg line. And I like the result! I want to continue to try things that I am afraid of and push the boundaries of what i supposedly should and should not wear.
I kept to black and white to make the outfit about line and shape rather than colour, even to the point of resisting adding coloured footwear or accessories.

The shoes are a much needed replacement for a beloved pair of similar Zara wedges that had been re-soled too many times to salvage. I spent more money on them than I usually do, but I think a classic and well-made pair of shoes is worth the investment.
Wedges: Cole Haan
Pants: Pure by Alfred Sung, Zellers (really!)
Blouse: Joe Fresh, Real Canadian Superstore
Cardigan: Club Monaco




1 comment:

  1. I like these pants -- very Audrey Hepburn. Actually, I just really like everything about this outfit, especially that blouse. Oh, Joe Fresh, how I miss you.

    ReplyDelete