Monday, September 27, 2010

The Tights are Back in Town

I woke up to a grey, rainy, and cold morning and knew immediately that the time had finally come to introduce Fall 2010 to my favorite sweater tights. Sweater tights! They truly are the tights that bind, binding me to rainy Vancouver winters and not properly heated basement suites.
The idea of wearing my sweater tights with my denim skirt, a piece worn heavily throughout the summer, encouraged me to think of other ways to play with seasonal layers and pairings. Ordinarily, once it's starts gettting warmer, we wear long-sleeved cardigans and jackets over our short-sleeved shirts. I liked, instead, the idea of wearing my summer blazer with a long-sleeved shirt underneath, further playing with the idea since it's a lighter shirt and a heavier blazer with dark tones. The tuxedo detailing on the shirt also worked well with the blazer.
Above is a close-up shot of the tights, just in case you forget what they looked like. But how could you?
Below are much beloved but rarely worn earrings. I really like this earrings because they're a little bit outrageous, but it's hard to find a way to wear them where they aren't too much. Since I didn't have much color in my outfit, this seemed like the perfect opportunity, matching the colors but adding a small mixed patterned detail.
Shirt: Old Navy
Blazer: Thrifted, Value Village
Skirt: Thrifted by Erin, Salvation Army, Kerrisdale
Tights: Kohl's
Shoes: Payless
Earrings: Portobello Road Market, London
I'll officially making this outfit available to rent for all Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins, or Pirates parties. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/27/2010

    Love this blazer anna, it works so well with the tights!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/28/2010

    Tights are so sexy!

    ReplyDelete