Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's Sunny on the Inside

I was about to grab my camera and walk outside today, when an extremely intense and even more sudden thunderstorm ruined my plans. Instead, I waited for the power to come back on to take some shots in my room. This first two have a serious, hazy, 1970s vibe and I must admit, I am kind of digging it.
My mom is away on a business trip to Boston, and I saw her absence as an opportunity to borrow this amazing yellow jacket that I've been secretly trying on in her closet since I first spied it upon moving home. After trying it with a very unsuccessful combinations, I decided to pair it with this floral sundress, which seemed to work well since it picked up the colors in the dress, but also worked well with a darker dress.
I kept the accessories pretty simple, a cream belt and silver flats, plus some yellow floral earrings that match both the dress and the jacket. I really wanted the jacket to be the main show here, since it clearly wanted that, too. With such a vibrant yellow (my own sunshine during the storm) and ruffles that practically stand up on their own, I can't imagine a more perfect touch of whimsy to an outfit. Well, yes I can. If only it had a small novelty print on it.

And one more look at those ruffles since they are pretty amazing.
Dress: C'est La Vie Consignment Shop, Main Street, Vancouver
Belt: Thrifted, Value Village
Shoes: Payless
Earrings: Gifted, Erin
Jacket: Borrowed from Mom's closet, Macy's, INC brand

And now back to some birthday craft projects. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9/24/2010

    omg Anna! love this dress and ruffley yellow jacket! but my favorite part is how you wore your hair up, it really let's the ruffles and big earrings shine :)

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete