Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fashion Week Feelings

It's really hard to dress yourself during Fashion Week. The new Spring lines, at the very least, remind me that I still haven't acquired the essential pieces for my Fall wardrobe, the ones I've been lusting over since last spring in my basement suite, dreaming of climates that wouldn't ruin wool skirts and knit sweaters. Where are those skirts and sweaters now? Most likely, they're sitting in the closet of someone very much like me, but more organized, who has a well-paid, full-time job. Now, as I watch live streams when possible and click through collections, I can't help but look at my wardrobe with a sense of disappointment. Where is my gold gladiator dress from Rodarte? My Marc Jacobs burnt orange spring overcoat and outrageously ruffled pink cape (with oversized belt to match)? Why has no one done my hair like the models walking for Vera Wang?

Much like my reasoning for not having Sea of Shoes on my bookmark bar, New York Fashion Week has left me swimming in my own sea of not-so-pretty envy.
And I'm only in my backyard. Can you imagine dressing for shows? (My mom was playing with some experimental photography here. I swear this is the best angle for this picture)
I really love this dress, but it felt too dark all summer. Now that fall has really asserted its presence -- look at those leaves on the ground -- it seemed like the perfect time to pull it out for teaching.
I was getting a bit tired of the whole dress with a cardigan routine, so I wore this tunic under the dress, one I'm not very fond of on its own, but really like here. High pony-tail and earrings to go with the high collar, of course, and my now most worn accessory of all time, the cream belt, and matching flats.
Dress: Target
Tunic: Charlotte Russe (5 years ago)
Belt: Thrifted, Value Village
Flats: Charlotte Russe
Earrings: Gifted by Mom, Brighton
Now back to the delight and torture that is NYFW. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9/28/2010

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete