Friday, September 3, 2010

Well, it took her long enough.

Readers, today we have a very special blogging surprise: Libby finally made the 45 minute trek out to Anna's house to visit and, of course, pose together for blog pictures!
Look at this leaf in the foreground with a stylish Libby in the background. She's gazing off into the distance thinking about how good that picture of the leaf is. No, seriously, look at it, she's demanding it. And you don't want to mess with someone who takes artsy pictures that play with ideas of perspective and distance.
Moving on, let's focus on Libby's outfit and her typical kind of pictures:
Libby making a goofy face: I think the question she's asking is, Where am I? I'm hiding so well in the flowers! Or maybe it is, Why did I just take that artsy picture?
Pay close attention to Libby's shoes because I think they are extra pretty. Also, she's distracted with talking to Karen right now, and I don't have a lot to say about her outfit, besides the fact that she got her shorts on the cheap and they are lovely. Oh yes! The back:
It's a key-hole and -- I don't want to say anything -- but maybe a little bit scandalous.
Don't worry! Libby still took a picture looking down at her shoes with her hair in her face. Some things never change.

Shirt: AE
Shorts: BCBG Outlets
Shoes: Sam Edelman
Speaking of scandalous, please ignore that face I'm making, it's actually a little embarrassing. Anyway, onto my outfit -- since, you know, I'm clearly the dedicated blogger, one not distracted by talking to my mom about babies or weddings or something else inconsequential. It's finally cold enough to wear some tights -- Thanks, Hurricane Earl! I took advantage of the weather by pairing a bright color with my polka dot dressing, something I've been waiting to do since the hemming.
I added my new black-and-white striped sweater because, hey, everyone knows I love a mixed pattern.
And, of course, I wore my tights with open-toed shoes. And I loved it.
Dress: Thrifted, St. Mary's Hospital Thrift Store, Hemmed by Mom
Sweater: Gabe's
Tights: Hue, Macy's
Shoes: Payless

You can look forward to the next time we're photographed together which will probably be in 2012, or maybe -- just maybe -- at my upcoming themed birthday party. Party like it's 1925! xoxo Anna Rae

...oh, and that Libby girl. What does she say? Something stupid like "Until tomorrow"? Yes, that's it.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, hey listen. Because of stupid traffic, the trek home was more like an hour and a half today. And the back up through the Squirrel Hill tunnels was so exhausting that I needed a sandwich and some bbq chips once I got home - give me a break! ...mmm, kit kat bars....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/03/2010

    love the 2 for 1 special of anna AND libby in the same blog post. so wonderful. love both your outfits! i was actually suprised by how much i liked anna's dark dress with the light pink tights, very hard and soft at the same time, i liked it!

    p.s. the hem turned out great from the floor length that it was before! ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part about the "artsy" Libby in the grass picture is the white, free candy van in the background. I hope you guys didn't take any.

    Anna, I like your sweater... I mean, not with the dress, (I'm not a fan of mixing patterns, but you go on with your bad self, as they say) but anywho, the sweater is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete