Monday, September 6, 2010

Take that, weather.

Ughh, even when I change up the scenery from my boring bedroom, I still get stuck in ruts. Here I am at home again this past weekend for my darling niece Sophie Monster's blessing. I was all set to wear this dress when the weather decided to be a HUGE jerk and get cold. Well guess what, weather? You didn't deter me! Sucka.
Laura helped in choosing what sweater to wear over my dress, and I think this one turned out quite nicely. And duh, you could've guessed (I'm sure) that I was going to belt it, right? Was I perhaps paying homage to Penn State's first game of the season? Hmm, one will never know. Spoiler alert actually: No, I wasn't, it just kind of worked out that way. I was, admittedly, kind of cold at dinner, but oh well, I like to think I looked pretty enough to make up for it. And it gave me a good reason to order a nice hot bowl of the shrimp bisque. Mmm.
While I do NOT look amused in this photo above, I really just wanted to get a shot of how cool this collar is. And while I usually like to wear my hair down, this dress pretty much required that I pull my hair into a ponytail because it looked kind of foolish when I left it down in the back - the high collar messed with it. Oh well, it can't hurt to mix things up every once in awhile.

Until tomorrow. Libby

Shoes: Old Navy
Dress: White House Black Market Outlet
Sweater and Belt: Nordstrom

5 comments:

  1. Love the color of the cardi, Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/06/2010

    Love this outfit Libby!!
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright blue with the white-- It's chic nautical! I have been nervouse about belting an open drapy cardigan like that but it looks so good I will have to try it.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorge! And take that, weather! You can't mess with Libby's attire.

    When I finally lose this baby weight (with a prayer, by Thanksgiving is my goal), will you help me buy some new clothes? You can be my personal shopper. I demand cute, sophisticated, clean stuff like you are wearing here, belts will be nice, too, since I intend on getting my svelte tummy back (from my lips to God's ears!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    Erin - Yes please wear belts with draped cardigans! Just position it before you secure the belt so that it lays nicely. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    Amanda - I would obviously LOVE to go shopping with you - Thanksgiving here we come!!

    ReplyDelete