Saturday, September 25, 2010

A little like the Sartorialist

I knew today would be a long day of errand running and cleaning, so I wanted to wear something comfortable, presentable, cool enough for the 90-degree day, but warm enough for the overly air-conditioned grocery stores. A few recent purchases seemed like perfect solutions.
It's way too warm for fall in Latrobe, PA, and I'm getting tired of the same old summer outfits. I bought this denim blazer the other day during my very successful trip to the thrift store, and it immediately reminded me of a post on the Sartorialist that discussed the idea of blazers and shorts, how the proportions made the outfit seem more provocative. I don't really think the Italian Market or local bank are really the place for provocative dressing, but I thought the idea of playing with proportions was interesting. Adding to the outfit's interest was the idea of a denim blazer with dress shorts, a reversal of the popular pairing this year of blazers with jeans. I knew the outfit would need to stand on its own without the blazer, which seemed like the perfect excuse to wear my purchased with birthday money tank top. I juxtaposed the feminine embellishments with my Amazonian belt,
Some quick detail shots of the shoes and the embellishment on the shirt. These shoes are my last unveiling from the great thrifting excursion of last week. While I was wish I had them for the whole of the summer, I think they'll be great transition shoes for both fall and spring.
Shirt: Old Navy
Blazer: Thrifted, Alabaster's Attic, Greensburg
Shorts: Thrifted, Value Village, Vancouver
Belt: Thrifted, Value Village, Vancouver
Shoes: Thrifted, Alabaster's Attic, Greensburg

My apologies for so few shots, but most of them came out blurry. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment