Friday, September 24, 2010

Read My Lips

Sometimes an item of clothing is just perfect. I first saw this Kate Spade blouse last year and slowly stalked it through the wilds of Internet e-tail until I sniped it at a price I was able to afford. Why was this top worth the effort? Behold:

Lips! Smoking! Pleats! Peter Pan/Petal Collar! Whimsy! Irony! You can click on the picture to zoom in on the print for full effect. As my friend Mono commented, it has all the cool rebellion of smoking with none of the lung cancer and COPD.


I chose a black skirt and wedges so the blouse stayed the starring attraction, a role it is used to ever since its appearance on Gossip Girl. It might have worn by a minor minion (Amalia Season # Episode 8) but it is still the closest I'll come to Upper East Side society.

Blouse: Kate Spade, eBay

Skirt: Teenflo, Winners

Wedges: Cole Haan

Coat: Tulle, Hill's of Kerrisdale






2 comments:

  1. It's absolutely perfect! The blouse is so amazing, well worth the many hours spent e-stalking, your face actually screams whimsy, and you matched your red coat to the pink lips -- my favorite color combination.

    A Peter Pan Collared blouse has been high on my wishlist for a while, but now it's been moved to the top of my list.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/25/2010

    omg, this is SO gossip girl! i love it!!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete