Friday, September 10, 2010

Honey Mustard

This past weekend when I traveled home, my 90-year-old grandfather wore my favorite pair of shoes of his. They are probably 40 years old and yes, folks, they're honey mustard. They're so jazzy and one-of-a-kind. I have asked that the shoes are bequeathed to me when he dies, and jokingly tell him that it's because I won't have to get them bronzed to immortalize them - they're pretty much that color already.

Well it was just a fun post to let you all know where my fashionista ways come from!

Until tomorrow. Libby

Mustard Shoes: Littles Shoes, Squirrel Hill PA

5 comments:

  1. sweet mother of god!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stylish gentleman! I have a mustard coat that I LOVE but it is nowhere near as snazzy as the shoes-- well done gramps!
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those shoes! In fact, I remember once writing you a letter that contained the phrase "Pap pap's Honey Mustard Loafer" capitalized and underlined. Brilliant idea to post them -- you should do a whole Pap Pap outfit post someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Anna, Pappap Post! And OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVE those shoes! It takes a man with a strong personality to pull off that style, both now and 40 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie Bear9/13/2010

    I love Pappap and his shoes. That is all. Oh no, wait, one more thing, I love you Aunt Wib!

    ReplyDelete