Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's Fall. No, really.

Yesterday, I returned from a long-weekend beach excursion with my Aunt Angie, the last getaway of the summer. My weather widget promises no more days in the 80s, at least until Sunday. And I've started to obsess over my birthday. The signs are all here -- it's officially fall.To celebrate, I wore tights and a sweater vest.
Truthfully, after driving six hours home from the beach, I showered and changed to spend some quality mother-daughter time with Karen and needed an outfit that effectively covered my very sunburned body. I really love this skirt and want to transition it to fall -- I think pairing it with tights and sweaters is going to work pretty well. The yellow tights are a favorite, so it probably isn't a surprise that they were part of the first out of the tote bag hanging in my closet that currently houses all of my tights, patiently waiting for the temperature to drop below 85.
I rarely buy plain white shirts, even though I always need them, because they're pretty boring. When I saw this one with its tuxedo-like ruffles, I thought it was so interesting it didn't even need to be a flashy color or covered in sequins.

With just the skirt, shirt, and vest, the tights looked a little out of place. To help tie the outfit together, I used this headscarf, made from leftover fabric of one of AlyWebb's hippie skirts,
as an addition of fall color and a way to include a bow in my outfit. Skirt: AE
Shirt: Old Navy
Vest: Gabe's
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: Target
And, most importantly, tonight was the premiere of Gossip Girl Season 4! Thoughts? xoxo Anna Rae

4 comments:

  1. mono brown9/15/2010

    SOPHOMORE YEAR IS TOTALLY HIGH STAKES WHOA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously! But this baby issue better get resolved fast, I don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mono brown9/17/2010

    "But this baby issue better get resolved fast, I don't like it."

    I THOUGHT IT WAS DAN'S HOTTEST NEW SINGLE-MAN ACCESSORY. Next up in a GQ.com's Fall Fashion Must-Have slide show, babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/28/2010

    Yellow tights are so damn cool!

    ReplyDelete