Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bold patterns, electric colors

Sometimes you just have to wear a bold coral print and pair it with a neon-colored clutch. For me, that sometimes was yesterday. I love the shape of this dress because it reminds me of the 1960s -- okay, it reminds me of Joan from Mad Men -- but the pattern is so fun and modern.
To not overwhelm the coral-neon green color scheme I was rocking, I wore a white cardigan and (of course) my new black wedges. I stayed bold but simple with coral lipstick and a gold chain necklace that worked with the dress's boat neck.
I bought this Kate Spade purse at the Outlets and because it has a small, almost invisible black mark from a color transfer, it was marked down to $30. Amazing.
Dress: Adrianna Papell, Nordstrom's
Purse: Kate Spade, Kate Spade Outlet
Cardigan: Thrifted, Value Village, Vancouver, Tommy Hilfiger
Shoes: Target
(probably belt worn as) Necklace: Saturday Morning Market, Etown
Look at the adorable lining! Polka dots! It's inspiring me to dress in the slightly-off primary colors of coral, neon green, and navy all the time. xoxo Anna Rae

4 comments:

  1. yay for bold coral!! i love this look on you and that clutch is adorable!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Nothing like a new bag to brighten up your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/18/2011

    you look so elegant in this outfit anna!

    love Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably one of my favorite outfits of yours, well done. Love the coral and neon-green together. Especially in love with the clutch.

    ReplyDelete