Thursday, April 7, 2011

Put on Your Dancing Shoes

There's nothing like new shoes, a brightly-colored dress, and some sunshine to make an average day excellent. I had been dying to wear these shoes, and when the rain finally stopped, I jumped at the chance. The rest of the outfit, with a bit of inspiration from Kate Spade's color choice for April (green!), fell into place.
I wanted to add a lot of details that involved texture to both highlight my amazing shoes and keep the dress the only bold color in the outfit. I loved how the metallic buttons worked so well against the embellishment of the dress, and the feather belt has quickly become one of my favorite pieces. In the back of my mind, I've always wanted an animal print belt, and now I see why. Having a belt to add interest and shape, but not necessarily a pop of color is so useful. If anyone has any tips on thin to medium sized animal print belts, please pass them along.
And, now, let's look at the Kate Spade shoes. They're so amazing. I went to the outlet with Toni over the weekend, and I bought myself a present that I totally wanted and mostly deserved. Happy Unbirthday to me.
Dress: Burlington Coat Factory
Sweater: Kut from the Kloth, Norstrom's
Belt: Gifted, Camilla
Shoes: Kate Spade, Kate Spade Outlet
Sunglasses: Joe Fresh, Real Canadian Superstore
The Tights that Bind has been tweeting for a few days now, and it's much more fun than I thought it'd be. Join the fun! xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment