Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tailor Made

I picked up this dress from the tailor's, and couldn't wait to pair it with my yellow cardigan and belt. The combination of yellow and navy along with the seersucker fabric makes this outfit so nautical and fun.
Last summer, when I first bought this dress, I wasn't sure if I liked it at its original length, or if it needed some tailoring. Both Libby and Erin suggested that it did, and after seeing the dress minus a few inches on the bottoms and few centimeters off of the sleeves (as an American that lived in Canada, I can pretty much switch between metric and standard measurements flawlessly), I totally agree. Now that it's at its new length, I'm even more in love with it.
Because I was so excited to wear this dress again, I kept the details of the outfit pretty simple. I just bought these (very high!) nude wedges at Old Navy, and I think that they're going to be perfect for so many of my outfits this summer. My roommate Camilla's mom bought me this necklace when I graduated college, and it's one of my favorites. It's simple enough to go with any outfit, but lovely enough to make an impact on that outfit.
Dress: Vintage, Eons, Pittsburgh, Hemmed
Neckalce: Gifted
Cardigan: Old Navy
Wedges: Old Navy
Belt: on dress from Ross Dress for Less
Have you altered any pieces for a fresh spring look? xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Are those the same shoes Jules bought? They are high! I'm proud of you and look how long your legs look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the same ones! Neither of us could resist them.

    ReplyDelete