Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Right Place at the Right Time

This outfit has two themes: serendipity and 'screw you April showers'. Aside from the ruffle overload of the cardigan and top, (which has layers of sheer black ruffles that are not quite visible in the photos) the stars of my look were two fortunate finds in the form of shoes and a bag.
The finds? A brand new Kate Spade bag and my trusty and equally miraculous haircalf leopard wedges. The bag was an inadvertent discovery at Winners on a detour through the purse aisle on my way to the bathmat section. I espied the patent bow (again sadly hard to see in the photos) out of the corner of my eye and couldn't believe my luck. It stylishly fits a laptop and a whole stack of essays to mark. The bag has a tiny scratch on the back, so I politely asked for a discount, which I was granted. When it comes to markdowns, I find that a polite request is hardly every refused.
The wedges were purchased several years ago at the Kenneth Cole outlet. I had loved them in a shoe store in Vancouver all season, but didn't buy them because of the price and a wedge that was red rather than black, making less versatile. The following summer I found them at the outlet in my size and with a black wedge at 80% off. Success! Even if I am someday able to afford retail prices, I don't think anything can live up to the thrill of a great discount deal.


Bag: Kate Spade "Amelia Bon Vivant," Winners

Wedges: Kenneth Cole, Kenneth Cole Outlet

Jeans: Paige Premium, Fab Kerrisdale

Blouse: Club Monaco

Cardigan: J Crew

Necklace: Vintage, my Grandfather's


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/05/2011

    Love this outfit! those wedges are soo cute

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the bright yellow cardi make the wedges pop! Your wedge story also reminds me of your miracle purchase of the Esprit bikini bottoms!!

    ReplyDelete