Sunday, April 24, 2011

the Bunny Hop

This year for Easter I wanted to look even more floral-y and even more colorful. Despite not wearing tights -- it is the end of April, after all, I think I've succeeded. I love the bold print on this dress and how it allowed me to incorporate my favorite color of the season -- coral.
The cardigan didn't last long in the warm weather and even warmer houses, but I loved how the cardigan and shoes worked so well with the dress's bright flowers.
The gathering at the waist as a small flower itself is my favorite part of this dress -- the detail just screamed Easter to me.
Since the pattern was so bold and the outfit was already full of bright pieces, I didn't want to add extra color with my jewelry. Pearls and a brooch seem like such a classic statement to make for such a typically Easter outfit -- and I like the idea of pinning my oversized pearls together with the brooch. It adds a fun twist to the classic accessories and saves any panic over whether or not you should wear brooches on nice dresses.
Dress: Donna Ricco, Nordstrom's
Shoes: Target
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Pearls: Claire's
Brooch: Vintage, Arterie, Montreal
The Easter bunny was very, very nice to me this year, and filled my Easter basket with this adorable, sunny yellow Michael Kors bag that slings across my shoulders, and is perfect for all summer adventures.
Happy Easter! xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. The dress looks gorgeous on you! And I love the idea of pinning a brooch to a long strand of pearls - it adds a nice modern touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosel! I'd love to have a collection of rhinestone brooches and pin them all onto a necklace -- I think the outcome would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete