Thursday, April 28, 2011

Weather Permitting


I assembled this outfit because I thought it'd be an adorable way to dress for a baseball game. My original plan for the day was to see a Pittsburgh Pirates game, but as I was about to drive into Pittsburgh, it started thunder storming.
I really wanted to wear this beret (in case it rained) and this dress (its gray and yellow is a fun way to nearly dress in the Pirates' black and gold), but was looking for a way to bring them together. In a moment of DIY glory, I wrapped this hot pink ribbon around my cream belt. I'll admit that I'm not a crafty person, and most DIY projects are beyond my reach, but I liked this simple solution.
And now to shift the focus from baseball and ribbon crafts: Rosel, an amazingly insightful writer who blogs about feminism, (Canadian) politics, culture, and, most recently, fashion, wrote a really interesting piece about the anonymity of fashion bloggers. I must admit that I'm slightly biased towards her writing, since she is a real life friend of mine, from the very glamorous part of my past when I studied abroad in an English castle, but I think I'd recommend it anyway. This blog has become more of a diary to me than I realized, but only drifts into the non-fashion aspects of my life in small, strange ways. I could say more, but she already has, so I'll just strongly recommend that you go read it.
Dress: Old Navy
Belt: Thrifted, Value Village, Vancouver wrapped with ribbon
Shoes: Gabes
Jacket: Thrifted, Value Village, Vancouver, Eddie Bauer
Hat: Luxx, South Side, Pittsburgh

A behind the scenes shot! Thanks to my Aunt Lisa for acting as creative director for the shoot, most especially trying to control my very unruly hair. xoxo Anna Rae

4 comments:

  1. Anna! You are too kind for that shout-out. I can't believe our castle days were 5 years ago! And you look lovely in that dress, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/02/2011

    aww anna, you look so cute!! it's too bad you got rained out of the pirate game :(

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was introduced to your lovely collaborative blog via Everybody Everywhere, and I must say, this is one of my favorite outfits, thus far! I think the English castle glamor is shining through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Everybody Everywear is such a great tool for finding new blogs.

    ReplyDelete