Friday, April 15, 2011

High (Heel) Hopes

For me, there are two very exciting things about this outfit: I'm wearing a heel (!!!) and my skirt now fits well, thanks to some new elastic in the waistband. I never, never never wore heels for as long as I can remember: flats to graduations and fancy dinners, flip-flops to prom. Last summer, I had to wear heels to be a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding, and the success of not falling, Erin's urging that I could totally wear heels in everyday life, and my love of my target metallic shoes with a very slight wedge have convinced me that I should start to include heels in my wardrobe. We'll start with wedges.
I wanted to do some color blocking, but not as crazy as my last attempt -- balancing out the red and purple with black and white. I like the details about this outfit -- matching the belt to the cardigan and the always fun black and white earrings and (slight) DIY brooch.
Cardigan: Old Navy
Skirt: Thrifted, St. Vincent de Paul, Latrobe
Tank top: Target
Brooch: Gifted, Aunt Donna as a headband
Belt: Gifted, Cammy
Shoes: Target
Seriously -- look at that wedge! I'm so proud of myself. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/15/2011

    OMG! so proud! we're def going high heel shopping now

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete