Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tea Party

There are a lot of good things about not watching the Royal Wedding live: you can calmly listen to vows, knowing Kate will say William's full name flawlessly, you have time to prepare tea and crumpets, you can fast forward through commercials and "Moments Ago" time fillers. But the best part about not waking up at 4 am is that you have time to plan your own Royal Wedding outfit. I chose a simple but sweet summer dress with some rad accessories, including this outrageous blazer of my mom's. The high ruffled collar seemed perfect for the occasion.
Tragically fascinator-less, I had to make due with my most festive headband, adding to the costume-like fun with my oversized pearl earrings and rings.
I wore my grandmother's brooch in honor of the Queen because it's so conservative and vaguely British, it just seems like something that she'd be down with. And, of course, I wore my Kate Spade shoes -- everyone needs a little extra sparkle on the wedding day.
Dress: Thrifted, Value Village, Vancouver, Reitman's
Blazer: Mom's closet
Sunglasses: Target
Pearls: Hand-me-down costume jewelry
Brooch: Vintage, Inherited from Grandma
Shoes: Kate Spade, Kate Spade Outlet
A wedding, a pot of tea, and some crumpets made up the perfect start to my Saturday. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment