Tuesday, April 5, 2011

If Only There Were Elbow Patches

If this outfit doesn't inspire someone to stand on their desk and shout, "Oh Captain, my Captain!" then I don't know what will. I feel so professorial in my Polo blazer. And I feel so fancy being able to casually reference my Polo blazer. I bought it at the strange but loved Saturday morning market in Etown for only six dollars, and thought it'd be more of a fall/winter piece. Unfortunately, April has decided to act like winter (it started snowing today!), but at least I was able to pull this out of the closet for its first blog appearance.
I knew I wanted to pair the blazer with my high-collared blouse, playing up its academic vibe and giving it almost a school marm feel. The belt helped add shape, but also made the outfit feel a bit more modern and casual, and the tights were a very necessary pop of color. I'm glad that I chose to wear oxfords, but if I wore a version of this again, I think I'd go with my black patent leather ones instead.
Blazer: Thrifted, Saturday morning market, Etown, Polo
Shirt: Thrifted, St. Vincent de Paul, Latrobe
Shorts: Thrifted, Value Village, Vancouver
Belt: Fashion Bug
Tights: Hue, Macy's
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Bass
I can't wait to pull this blazer back out in the fall! xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment: