Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Digging a Trench

I'm so pleased to be able to debut my new spring trench on the blog! Lightweight and bright, it's everything I could ask for in a warm(ish) weather topper.
Underneath it all was the cardigan rind to the watermelon coat. Green and pink, especially when they are slightly chartreuse-y and coral-y, are as refreshing a pairing as the fruit they reference.



While I wear this cameo often, I thought it deserved a close up, along with the lovely edging and hook-and-eye closures of my top, last seen in a more formal iteration rather than with wide-leg jeans. If you are looking for a cameo of your own, I recommend the vintage section of Esty. Browse for 'cameo' along with the colour you want to narrow down your search. Even a costume cameo like this one can make a strong statement.
Trench: Vero Moda, The Bay
Blouse: Nanette Lepore, Ebay
Jeans: Citizens of Humanity, Hills of Kerrisdale
Cardigan: Gap
Cameo: Vintage, my Nana's
Shoes: Gianni Bini, Ebay


5 comments:

  1. Aw, how come you didn't post my behind-the-scenes photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done! a peek into the magic world of fashion blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the behind the scenes look -- and the luxury of having two photographers. Our blog has hit the big times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove the trench! I actually just bought it today at the Bay! 40 bucks is such a steal for that gorgeous coloured coat :) I also like the tote...where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! The trench is such a steal! The tote is Kate Spade's "Amelia Bon Vivant" bag and I was luck enough to find it at Winners. You can see more pictures in my April 4th post.

    Enjoy your trench!

    ReplyDelete