Friday, April 29, 2011

Not as Crazy as Beatrice

When I decided to add this cardigan to my outfit last night, I wondered if all of the color, paired with a bold print, was too much. Silly me. I forgot that my outfit would look so tame today in comparison to all of the wonderfully unusual fashion at the Royal Wedding.
The pattern on this blouse has so many variations of the same colors, that it seemed like a fun idea to pair it with red and coral, creating a giant variation of the same hue.
I bought this blouse during the same shopping trip when I bought my pants, and, instead of my normal process of trying on a few different variations of the same outfit before I decide on one I like, I noticed that when I pulled both of these out of their shopping bags that they would go well together. When fashion gives you an easy way out, sometimes you just have to take it.
And like so many color blockers before me, I paired all of the color with a simple, nude shoe.
Shirt: Express (on major, major sale!)
Pants: the Limited
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Shoes: Old Navy
I've clearly caught Royal Wedding fever, if you couldn't tell by the way I'm gleefully throwing these tulips petals around. Such whimsy! Although I've looked at slideshow upon slideshow of Kate's beautiful dress and all the other amazing fashions -- especially the fascinators! -- I'm waiting to watch the wedding with my aunt tomorrow over tea and crumpets. What did the rest of you think? Did you watch it? In real time? xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment