Thursday, April 14, 2011

Leopards in Bloom

This outfit is definitely a transitional one: the black jeans and grey leopard say January, while the bright shoes and cardigan are asking when May is getting here. Black jeans are a great weapon to have in your wardrobe arsenal if you work somewhere with a flexible dress code. They are slightly more formal than regular denim, but not quite your standard black dress pant. These jeans originally had a flared leg, but I straightened the side seams to make them appear more like a trouser. Even if you don't sew, narrowing the leg of a pant is a quick and cheap job at any tailor that can resuscitate last season's leg line.
While I love my black cameo with any outfit, I am on the lookout for brightly coloured beads (yellow is at the top of my list) so I can add even more rainbow to rainy days.
Along with the solid pink cardigan, the bright turquoise shoes helped me make my first baby steps into color blocking. Look for more as the weather warms!

Cardigan: Banana Republic Jeans: Hudson, Hill's of Kerrisdale Blouse: Mia Via, Nordstrom's Rack Shoes: Banana Republic, Ebay Cameo: Vintage, My Nana's

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/15/2011

    such a pretty outfit, and background!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete