Monday, April 4, 2011

The Once-a-Week Sweater

When I first bought this sweater for full price at the Gap as a very poor grad student living in a very expensive city, I felt slightly guilty and decided that, if it was really going to be a good purchase, I better wear it once a week. Because of this self-imposed rule, I am eager and willing to wear this sweater with just about anything. It has never met another pattern it hasn't liked, and this animal print is no exception.
I liked the idea of wearing mostly neutral colors and having the purple and yellow in the cardigan and belt be the real color focus because they are my favorite colors. Also, as an Anna-style DIY, I rescued this flower from a headband that I broke by stepping on it because it was of course on my floor and not in my headband drawer. I cut it off of the headband, added a safety pin, and created the easiest DIY brooch ever.
Dress: Thrifted and hemmed, Goodwill, Etown
Cardigan: the Gap
Brooch: Kohl's headband, Gifted, Aunt Donna
Tights: Target
Shoes: Thrifted, Goodwill, Etown, Target
Belt: on dress, Ross Dress for Less
Thank you Toni for taking my picture, proving that Dani didn't get all of the photography talent in the family. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/05/2011

    i really like this pattern mixing! it's very different, and not my style, but the cardigan looks so cute with the animal print!

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete