Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Button Up Your Overcoat

Sometimes, a coat is so great, it can be an outfit all on its own. Today, the weather was finally the perfect temperature to wear this spring coat that I bought at a vintage/antique warehouse in Lancaster all the way back in October. Using this coat from Kate Spade (picture from What Would Emma Pillsbury Wear?) as my inspiration for styling, I paired it with my yellow tights, cream belt, and flower brooch. The belt helped to give the coat a little extra shape -- making the skirt seem a bit fuller. The tights and brooch really turned the coat into a bright, fun outfit.
For indoor temperatures, I wore one of my favorite spring dresses, seen here and here, and a yellow belt and cardigan, since I had already committed to the yellow tights. I like the outfit on its own -- it's cute and comfortable -- but the coat is clearly the star here.
Coat: Vintage, Building Character, Lancaster
Belt (on coat): Thrifted, Value Village, Vancouver
Brooch: Gifted, Erin
Dress: American Eagle
Tights: We Love Colors
Cardigan: Old Navy
Belt (on dress): on dress from Ross Dress for Less
Shoes: Thrifted, Goodwill, Etown, Target

What spring coats are you excited to wear? Any adorable trenches? xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Love love love this coat! The green and mustard is a springy but still sophisticated combo that you have motivated me to try out myself...
    also watch for a pink trench debut from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see the pink trench!

    ReplyDelete